Making the most of your ophthalmic skills
This will start with a revision of the ophthalmic examination with an emphasis on tips to get the most from your observations using equipment readily available in general practice.
A practical element will allow delegates to use the equipment discussed under the guidance of an RCVS Specialist in Veterinary Ophthalmology.
A session on the principles of ophthalmic surgery will be included together with ocular therapeutics. Conditions affecting the eyelids – including both medical and surgical cases will be covered.
On day two there will be a focus on the cornea before delegates are given ample opportunity to practice the surgical techniques – such as procedures for entropion, eyelid tumour removal, superficial keratectomy and conjunctival grafting.
The small group means that each delegate will get one to one time with the tutor.
To finish the course there will be a brief summary of ocular emergencies and how to approach them successfully.
Key learning objectives
By the end of this course delegates should have a good understanding of:
· How to perform an effective ophthalmic examination
· How to describe ophthalmic abnormalities
· Recognise which therapeutic agents are appropriate to use for which condition
· Understand medical and surgical conditions affecting the eyelids
· Gain confidence in the correct diagnosis and treatment for corneal disease
· Surgical preparation and instrument choice
· How to approach the surgical ophthalmic patient
· How to successfully perform eyelid surgery such as entropion and eyelid tumour removal
· Indications for and how to perform a superficial keratectomy
· How to do a conjunctival graft in general practice
· Understand genuine ophthalmic emergencies
Datum: 16 en 17 oktober 2019
Locatie: International Veterinary Academy, Korskildeeng 4, 2670 Greve, Denemarken
Doelgroep: Gezelschapsdierenarts basis en gevorderd, werkende bij een Evidensia praktijk
Doeldieren: hond en kat
Instapniveau: Gezelschapsdierenarts basis en gevorderd
Kosten: DKK 4.200,00 (approx. €564.00 ) + VAT (includes lecture, course notes, refreshments and lunch)
Schrijf je direct in: inschrijven (inschrijven kan tot 1 augustus 2019)
Voor meer informatie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sally Turner (VetMB MA, DVOphthal MRCVS)
Sally Turner is a graduate of Cambridge University and spent two years in general practice, then did her ophthalmology training as a resident at the Animal Health Trust. Currently in private referral practice in London, Sally regularly lectures to vets and nurses and has written two books on veterinary ophthalmology. She is an RCVS Recognised Specialist in Veterinary Ophthalmology.